Sunday, November 22, 2015

Ishikawa Prefecture (石川県)

In this week, I want to introduce Ishikawa Prefecture where is located on the coast of the Sea of Japan in the Chubu Region. Capital city is Kanazawa.







    

I want to visit "Kenrokuen" where is in Kanazawa. Kenrokuen is justifiably classfied as one of Japan's "three most beautiful landscape gardens". Opened to the public in 1871, Kenrokuen features a variety of flowering trees which provide the garden with a different look for wach season.     




Also, I want to go "The 21st Century Museum of Contemporary Art" (金沢21世紀美術館) where is in downtown Kanazawa, just few step from Kenrokuen.It exhibits works of acclaimed contemporary artists from Japan and all over the world, and is among Japan's most popular art museums.
The architecture of the 21st Century Museum is unique and distinguishes it from other museums and buildings around Kanazawa. The museum is comprised of a circular building, 112.5 meters in diameter, with no facade or main entrance. It was designed without a front or back to discourage its patrons from approaching the museum, and consequently its art, from only one direction.




Interspersed among the public spaces of the museum are some permanent installations open free to the public. These include works such as Leandro Erlich's "Swimming Pool", a pool where people appear to be underwater (entry inside the pool requires paid admission); and James Turrell's "Blue Planet Sky", an exhibit exploring light as a medium which has counterpart exhibits around the world. 





    





  




  


I want to take a photo inside and outside of the pool (:

This is so interesting isnt it?


2 comments:

  1. hey honami
    I have been to Ishikawa when I was yong, but I have never known these places because I just have been to eat crabs. Actually I also wanna go there, so lets go together, and I know some restaurants for crabs in kanazawa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Honami
    The museum looks great. I have a friend who is from Ishikawa Prefecture however I have never been there. I would like to go the museum and watch outside from inside the pool. I did not know about the museum. It is interesting. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete