Monday, November 2, 2015

Hiroshima Prefecture (広島県)

In this week I am going to introduce Hiroshima Prefecture.
Hitoshima is the largest city in the Chugoku region of western Honsyuu(the lsrgest island of Japan).




I have never been to Hiroshima but my friend live in there so I want to visit there one day.
I really want to go " Itsukushima Shrine"(厳島神社) where on Miyajima source of both the island's fame and its name. "Miyajima" is literally "Shrine Island" in Japanese. The shrine is known worldwide for its iconic "floating" trii gate.



It is unique that the shrine and its trii gate are being built for over water, seemingly floating in the sea during the high tide.



The shrine complex consists of multiple buildings, including a pryer hall, a main hall and a north theater stage, which are connected by bordwalks and supported by pillars above the sea.




The water over which Itsukushima shrine is built, it is good to be aware of the timings of the tides during one's visit. At high tide the shrine and its gate appear to float above the water. At low tide, the water drains out of the bay, then we can take the opportunity to walk out and see the gate from up close.

I thought "Itsukushims Shrine" is really cool and also the shrine is listed as a World Heritage Site. I want to see at high tide the shrine in the evening and at low tide the shrine in the morning and walk under the trii gate. I can imagine that the trii gate is huge and super high.

I hope you guys enjoy my blog!!


No comments:

Post a Comment