Saturday, November 7, 2015

Ehime Prefecture (愛媛県)

In this week, I am going to introduce Ehime Prefecture where is in northwestern shikoku, Japan. The capital city is Matsuyama. Matsuyama is famous throughout Japan for its onsen (natural hot spring).
















            

Then I want to go to Dogo Onsen (道後温泉)where is the odest and most famous hot spring in Japan.This is the picture of the Dogo Onsen.





          


There are not many old Japanese style buildings in my hometown because my hometown is kind of urban side, so I really like these old Japanese style building and it must be butiful!!
 While I was researching Dougo Onsen, I found that the main building in the movie Sprited Away was modeled on the present building of the Dōgo Onsen public bathhousethis.














I want to enjoy the hot spring at Dogo Onsen and after I want to enjoy cycling on Shimanami Kaido. This is the Shimanami Kaido.





The Shimanami Kaido is a 60 kilometer long toll road that connects Japan's main island of Honshu to the island of Shikoku, passing over six small islands in the Seto Inland Sea. The Shimanami Kaido is the only one traversable by foot or bicycle.
The Shimanami Kaido begins on Honshu in Onomiti City (Hiroshima Prefecture) to on Shikoku in Imabari City (Ehime Prefecture).

I introduced Hiroshima Prefecture last time, so I hope to visit both of them by bicycle (:



3 comments:

  1. hey honami
    I have been to Ehime, and I have been to Dogo Onsen too, and then I felt Japanese history, but I was young when I have been there, so I could not feel japanese history in Dogo Onsen less than now. I want to go there again because I love Onsen. Let's go there together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aloha Honami
    This is a great informative blog. I can see you took time to make it nice. The last time I went to a hot spring it was out in the open, in the mountains. I've never been to a hot spring inside a building and the picture of the bridge between two islands is very beautiful. I am getting a different impression of Japan as being more than crowded cities.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Honami. When I was young, I usually watched that video Spirited away by Miyazaki. I hope to see there. Very beautiful buildings.

    ReplyDelete