Friday, October 2, 2015

Hokkaido (北海道)



This is my first post of my blog. I am going to introduce many cities in Japan every times in this blog. I choose the second largest Japan's island "Hokkaido" where is northernmost of Japan's 47 prefectures.

Actually I have never been to Hokkaido before but I have many friends who lives in Hokkaido. I want to visit Aoi Ike (Blue Pond) where is near the hot spring town of Shirogane Onsen. The blue pond is deep blue color which it owes to natural minerals dissolved in the water. The place, blue pond recently became popular and many tourists visit there. Tourists suggested that it is better to visit there especially sunny day. This is a picture of Aoiike. It is really beautiful isn't it?



I also want to visit  Noboribetu town.  There are Noboribetu Jikoku Dani in that area. "Jikoku Dani" means "Hell Valley" in English. It is main source of Noboribetsu's hot spring water. This is a picture of  "Hell Valley".

 

In middle of October is beautiful autumn season in Hokkaido, Japanese travel guide said. After you visit the Gikoku Dani,  you can follow walking trails and about 20 or 30 minutes later, you will get to Oyunuma and flowing out of there is a river called Oyunumagawa where we can enjoy an "Asiyu" which is a natural foot bath. The water from the river is hot, Hokkaido is a cold place so Asiyu will keep you warm. 

I also wanted to enjoy high quality and freshness sea food in Hokkaido too. Anyway I hope that this blog will help your traveling in Hokkaido.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Honami your post are sooo interesting. I actually wanted to visit Japan one day because of its interesting culture and it has been my dream for a long time. I don't know anything about Japan's tourist spot or nice places. But your blog is a really good guide if someone wants to know about Japan's nice scenery. The blue pond and the hell valley are super nice I hope one day I can visit that place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello I think you are good at blog maker and you have a variety of information about Japan. I could imagine about Japan, which have many beautiful view of place through your post. I hope I can have a trip about Japan someday.

    ReplyDelete